Fast learner with excellent people, communication and technical skills seeking software quality assurance or technical writing position. Special talent for communicating technical information to non-technical personnel effectively.
- 22 Years Technical Support/Troubleshooting Experience (Deskside, call center, and online)
- 22 Years Management/Supervisory Experience
- 16 Years Technical Writing Experience (Printed documents and web-based content)
- 4 Years Supervisory/Management experience
- 14 Years Network/Server Administration (NT, Netware, Citrix, Notes)
- 4 Years Software Quality Assurance (Windows, HP-UX and web-based)
- Windows (7/2000/XP/ME/9.x/3.x)
- UNIX (HP-UX/Linux/BSDI/Solaris/Red Hat/Ubuntu)
- NT 4.0 (Server/Workstation)
- Macintosh OS (7.x – 8.5)
- iOs, Android, PalmOS
- NT 4.x
- Netware 3.x/4.x
- Red Hat Linux
- Citrix WinFrame
- Lotus Notes
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- MS Project
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Monarch Pro & Data Pump
- Segue Silk Suite
- HTML/XML, CSS
Approximately two years of credits.
Approximately one year of credits.
- Ran a household of three to five individuals. Managed budgets and projects, coordinated schedules, mediated disputes, and chose and interacted with multiple suppliers.
- Homeschooled daughter from fourth grade through graduation. Developed curriculum and served as primary instructor. Coordinated additional instruction. Maintained portfolio to document progress. Submitted monthly records to county as required. Daughter consistently scored in 98th percentile on standardized tests and is now thriving in college.
- Volunteered as a Girl Scout leader and homeschool group leader. Took training through local Girl Scout Council in order to be certified as a leader. Organized and led activities for 35 girls ages 5–17, providing age-appropriate materials at each of five levels. Empowered older girls to lead and plan activities. Coordinated plans with two other leaders. Recruited parents for fund-raising projects such as cookie sales.
- Set up and maintained home network and multiple desktop and laptop PCs, utilizing Red Hat Linux, Samba, various versions of Windows, and later Windows 200x server. Kept very old and new computers running different operating systems working properly, communicating with each other and the internet and avoided malware infection and other security issues.
- Set up and supported iOS gadgets, Android smartphones, Palm PDAs and other devices as needed to keep the family in touch with each other and the world.
- Periodically evaluated groupware solutions available to home users and published web site articles reporting results.
- Began volunteering with Freecycle as a local list owner in 2004, then became the first New Group Approver (NGA) for Georgia, before moving on to the Safety Coordinator position, which was created for me.
- Developed safety policies and assisted Freecycle personnel with any problems that arose.
- Served on Advisory Board to President with other leaders.
- Served on the Board of Directors. Help create policies and procedures for the organization.
- Analyzed statistics collected from cases for 2000 and 2001 and create annual reports based on them.
- Featured as an Internet Security expert during interviews with 20/20 Downtown, Oprah, The Net, WSB News, .Net, The Site, USA Today, US News & World Report, AP, and other televised and print media.
- Developed and maintained web site at http://www.haltabuse.org/ . Created the design and wrote much of the content that is still on the site.
- Consulted with law enforcement personnel on specific cases and trained them to trace messages themselves.
- As an Internet Safety Advocate (1998 to 2000), worked with people experiencing harassment, traced email and newsgroups messages and located the email or web source to whom to complain and contacted those parties on the victims’ behalf when appropriate. Also advised the victims on how to avoid further harassment as much as possible.
DARTMail is an opt-in email marketing system which allows advertisers to manage their mailing lists, measure response to ads, and target messages to consumers based on their expressed preferences.
- Created and executed test plans
- Performed web-based testing of user interface
- Did email-based testing of subscription and response systems
- Ran load tests
- Used SQL to populate and test database
Clearinghouse Project – GEIS acted as a subcontractor to Telcordia to develop a system for processing ordering and provisioning transactions between Sprint and eight ILECs. Involved EDI and various proprietary data formats on HP-UX servers as well as Oracle and GEIS’ products Enterprise System (an e-commerce gateway), EDI Application Integrator and EDI Express. Trained in use of Segue Silk software.
- Hired as junior tester, promoted two days later to test lead for the project.
- Most testing was done at Unix command prompt. Wrote .ksh scripts to automate testing. Performed some SQL queries. Some testing of web-based and Windows applications, as well.
- Created, documented and implemented testing procedures, plans and cases from customer requirement, technical specification and ILEC ordering guideline documents for integration, functional and regression tests. Approximately 60% of my time was spent on documentation.
- Wrote testing procedures manual used by testing team.
- Created project schedules, managed testing resources, trained and supervised testers.
- Acted as liaison to Sprint, Telcordia, ILECs and several teams of developers.
- Installed, configured and maintained hardware (servers, workstations and related peripherals) and software. Provided internal support for 100 to 150 end users.
- Documented procedures and created training materials for staff members.
- Developed Lotus Notes database to document support and troubleshooting procedures.
- Backup administrator for NT 4, Citrix WinFrame, Netware 3.x and 4.x, Lotus Notes 4.6 servers and Fujitsu phone switch and voice mail system. Some administration of a BSDI web server.
- Other duties included MIS purchasing and acting as primary contact for T1 and ISDN service providers.
Hired to create and manage technical support department, but software wasn’t ever developed to the point that there was anything to support.
- Tested internet-related software in Windows environment and worked with software development team providing feedback on software design and quality control.
- Documented software and wrote materials for end users and clients.
- Provided all internal training and support for business operations personnel. Created training materials supplied via intranet.
- Set standards and procured software and hardware.
- Installed and configured workstation and LAN software and hardware (mixed Win95 and WinNT environment). Some work on Solaris servers as well.
- Primary contact for T1 provider (BBNPlanet).
- Hired as a Telephone Support Representative in September 1995; promoted to Supervisor in October 1995; promoted to additional duties as Technical Writer in January 1996.
- Researched and developed written training and reference resources for customers and technicians, delivered in both traditional printed and online (email, newsgroup and web) formats. Involved in development of extensive knowledge database for intranet.
- Tested new versions of software package for Windows users, tracking defects and working with developers to resolve problems. Also tested web-based applications developed for use by support personnel.
- Provided support for any issue on Macintosh or Windows computers that could impact use of the customer’s MindSpring account via phone, email and newsgroups.
- Supervised/mentored technicians and assisted in recruiting and training new technicians.
- Worked with other members of the management team to create effective work environment while keeping pace with explosive growth and an ever-changing industry.